Saturday, February 14, 2015

Tea Towels



My English grandmother always had stacks of tea towels, with maps of Yorkshire, Shakespearean sayings, campy Union Jack themes, a recipe.  They were draped over the oven door handles, tucked in the refrigerator door pulls, on hooks behind the door.  I tend to have stacks of white flour sack towels in the kitchen drawer for cooking, and keep these simple natural linen towels in a row on a Shaker peg rack in my kitchen. They are soft, washable, relaxed, perfect for today.
$36/set of 2 at our online shop, www.thenewgeneralstore.com. 
photograph by marili forastieri

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Emma bridgewater blue hen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Matthew Rieger

    ReplyDelete